Here’s a super clean and smooth Spicy Jalapeño Skinny Margarita recipe for you to try tonight!
This is generally a milder version but if you’re looking for an extra kick scroll to the bottom for modifications on how to add an extra kick of spice or smoky flavor! Enjoy!
1/2 ounce of agave nectar
1 ounce fresh squeezed lime juice, plus lime wedge for garnish
2 ounces of Don Julio Reposado Tequila
Optional: habanero bitters, smoked sea salt, Casamigos Mezcal Joven Tequila in place of Don Julio for a smoky flavor.
For the salt mixture
1/2 cup of sea salt or (smoked sea salt)
1 tablespoon ground chipotle pepper
- Muddle jalapeño slices in the bottom of the glass.
- Add ice, tequila, agave, and lime juice, into the shaker and shake vigorously.
- In a double rocks glass, use a lime wedge to moisten the rim and dip in the salt mixture. Fill the glass with ice and strain cocktail over fresh ice.
- Top off with a splash of club soda!
- Garnish with a few slices of Jalapeño and limes!
To add smokiness to your Jalapeño margarita:
- Substitute Don Julio for a Mezcal tequila- Casamigos Joven Mexcal is a good option!
- Substitute 1/2 cup of sea salt for smoked sea salt
To make extra spicy:
Add 2 dashes of habanero bitters before shaking ingredients.
Cheers! Don’t forget the tacos!
Yield: 1 serving
Time to make: 3 minutes